Friday, September 3, 2010

In Defence of the Delay

Readers can rest assured that I haven't slipped to the point of abandoning my weekly schedule entirely, but I am posting to notify anyone interested that the next chapter of "In Defence of the Realm" won't be posted around the same time tomorrow because I won't be near a computer.

Instead, look forward to it around twenty four hours after the regular time.  I hope I haven't ruined anyone's weekend with this announcement ;)

In other news, progress has currently stalled on planning the next serial, "Into the Crust".  While I have tried to build a consistent and mysterious world fitting my rapid fire description in August, I am having trouble reconciling the more light-hearted aspects of the blurb (and some of the weirder ideas I had behind it) with the rather structured and serious tone the plot has taken on.  I have considered letting the story continue in this fashion for the moment to see where it takes me - the plus side for readers is that I may have several chapters drafted and finished before they go live.  Regardless, I have another, less dramatic story I am eager to share once "In Defence of the Realm" finishes that may bridge the gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment