Friday, April 3, 2009

Set of Stories

The following are a few ideas that I haven't fully developed. Hopefully I will decide to use one for the blog - feel free to comment on them or suggest which I should keep going with.

Alternate History - It is 1923 and most of Europe has been overrun by the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The British and French as a coalition have retreated to Quebec and Japan has launched an attack on Beijing. European royalty has taken refuge in Greenland and New Denmark (Australia) while Australian Wales is busy defending New Guinea. Jacob Garnet is a teacher in Milan called to find a lost weapon that could possibly force Austro-Hungary to retreat (I know this last bit sounds familiar - it could be in the style of pulp adventure stories like Indiana Jones).

Fantasy - A golem becomes self-aware and is guided by a talking crow to Tartarus at the ends of the earth to find Chaos, who they think might grant him a life.

Fairytale - A talking cabbage and a lost dog travel towards the sunset to find paradise. Along the way they meet a kingdom of mice, accidentally join the circus and get swept to the arctic while sailing on the ocean (this seems like an old afternoon television show where they may not reach the goal anytime soon, but have plenty of adventures).

3 comments:

  1. Number one is weird.
    Number three is lame.
    Number two is the only decent one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find number one convoluted to an extent, at least for my liking.

    Number 2 and especially number 3 I like, but I'm very into fantasy and fairy tales.

    E~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I'll start work on the golem story - thanks for the input :)

    ReplyDelete